So often we struggle with our identity and feel worthless because we have misguided ideas about our value. But do you know you are valuable to God? His valuation is not determined by how important we are, or even how useful. God’s ways are different, and so much higher, than our ways. Reading and absorbing the truth of God’s word has the power to change our lives as we become secure in our true identity. We are valued by God and His word reveals why…
Reasons Why You Are Valuable to God!
The definition of the difference between value and worth goes something like this:
Value is the importance, or usefulness, of something while worth is the price or cost of something.
If you’ve ever been involved in buying or selling a house, you’ll know this is how it works. The property is ‘valued’ by the selling agent, and they set a price. They look at similar properties in the neighbourhood. Does this house look more important, is it bigger or grander than those surrounding it? Or is it more useful, does it have with extra features?
But the reality is it doesn’t matter what value the agent places on the property. It is only worth what someone is prepared to pay to make it their own!
We are highly valued by God, we are important to Him. Not because of our skills and abilities. Or because of our work ethic. Not because of our wealth or finances. Or our position in society. Not because of what we can do or bring to God! You are valuable to God because of the price that was paid to redeem your life.
You are valuable to God, because of your worth in Christ Jesus!Tweet
We Are Valued by God Because of Who He Is
God is our Creator. He is our heavenly Father, and we are made us in His image. We are His children! If you have had a poor or difficult relationship with your earthly father then that may be hard to grasp and comprehend. But even if you had the best father on earth, there is no comparison with the love, and goodness, of God.
“The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.”Psalm 145:8-9
We are valued by God because of who He is – our Heavenly Father who delights in us. He watches over our every step, and will not let us fall. Even the very hairs on our head are numbered because we are precious to God.
The very nature of God is one of goodness, of mercy, grace, and compassion. His valuation is trustworthy, because His character is righteous and true. God’s word holds absolute authority. We are valuable to God, His word declares it, so why would we listen to anyone else’s opinion?
We Are Valued by God Because of What He Has Done For Us
God loves us with a never ending and unfailing love. We cannot measure His love, it is abundant, and without limit. As we absorb the truth of God’s word, we remind ourselves that His love is not just words but demonstrated through Jesus.
The Lord’s outstretched arms at Calvary, bearing our sin and shame, reveal the depth of God’s love. God did not hold back on the price that He was willing to pay to reconcile us to Himself. Our true worth is found in Christ Jesus. God gave everything to reconcile us to Himself. We are significant, chosen, and adopted by God, because we have been bought with an unmatchable price.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is within you, whom you have (received as a gift) from God, and that you are not your own (property)? You were bought with a price (you were actually purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and made His own). So then, honor and glorify God with your body.”1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Amplified
Bible Verses About Value and Worth
There can be times in our lives when our self-worth is shaken. It happens, even if it’s just a temporary wobble, we have a moment of struggling with our value and purpose. Usually it is because we have gained our sense of value from something that is not lasting.
It could be our career, or our position in a ministry, or our role at home and among family. But all these things are temporary. Jobs can come to an end, ministry needs change over time, and children grow up! Equally it could be that sickness, or injury mean we no longer are able to do everything we once did. If our sense of value came from our productivity, however we measure it, then we may struggle if we are the ones who now need help…
Adjusting to changing circumstances can be so difficult. We may feel that we are no longer useful – and have no value or worth. But that is a lie – remember you are valuable to God. We are significant to Him. Reminding ourselves of these Bible verses about value and worth realigns our thinking to be secure in our true identity.
10 Bible Verses – You are Valuable to God
- I am known by God – You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. Psalm 139:1
- I am wonderfully made – I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
- I am loved by God – This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10
- I have been bought with a price – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- I have been gifted grace and faith – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
- I am a child of God – Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12
- I cannot be separated from the love of God – For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39
- I am blessed – Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3
- I have an inheritance – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- I am a citizen of heaven – But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20
Knowing Our Value Changes Our Perspective!
You are valuable to God because we are known, wonderfully made, and abundantly loved, by Him. We have been bought with a high price, gifted grace and faith, and are now children of God. There is nothing that can separate us from God’s love, and we are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus. And there is more, we have an inheritance to come, we are citizens of heaven, and one day we will be with the Lord forever.
If you are experiencing a season of change and struggling, then this is the time to focus on God. As you adjust to the changes seek God, and wait on Him to see what He is doing. When God creates a space in our lives, believe that it is for a purpose and there is the possibility of something new. Now begin to let go of the past and feel expectant for a new season!
If you sign-up to receive the fortnightly Limitless Horizon newsletter you will get access to our library of free printables! You can find the sign-up form either at the bottom of this page on your mobile or in the side-bar on a computer.